Sunday, 04 July 2010
I absolutely loved the movie "The Hangover," and as I hope most of you don't wake up with a lion in the bathroom, a baby in the closet, a lost friend and enemies that are well versed in Kung fu, I know some "day after tips" can only help.
My hangovers seem to last the ENTIRE day after. It's not so much that I have a horrible headache, but I just feel completely exhausted and dizzy all day.
Although there are a bunch of concoctions that exist out there, it's important to get the fundamentals down.
- Sleep. You need to let your body recover after your night on the town.
- Liquids. Replenish your body with water and juices, nothing too sugary though that will only enhance the headache. If you can drink 2 bottles of water before you go to sleep with 2 baby aspirin (unless your too drunk... then I don't recommend taking any additional depressants), it usually does the trick for me. However, some completely disagree with this saying it magnifies the effects because they are both blood thinners; you got to play around with what works best for you- which is with most things!
- Orange juice is also good, as alcohol consumption decreases your immune system's ability to fight off diseases, so the vitamin C in OJ will counteract that to a certain degree.
- Don't drink coffee. The caffeine will only temporarily help but it will end up dehydrating you.
- Eat mineral rich foods, such as tuna or pickles. It will replenish you with what you lost the night before.
- Certain drinks can help! ...Like a Bloody Mary! The new alcohol will distract your body from dealing with the old, while simultaneously providing vitamins from the celery and tomato juice. Or you can try Hair of the Dog - which is a drink made of gin and hot sauce- sounds yummy.
- You can also try Alka Seltzer Morning relief, this seems to work for my brother who loves his nightly gin and tonics.
- You can also just exercise and sweat out the calories; tanning outside the next day seems to always work for me!
Anyways I hope one of these ideas will do you justice on your next "morning after." If none work you can always try a friendly beer the next morning which always seems to do the trick.
Anyone else have any suggestions for hangover cures?