Wednesday, 05 October 2011
Looking for a fast, flavorful treat on-the-go? These recipes come thanks to Runnersworld; I liked them because they more interesting than your run-of-the-mill handful of almonds, but they're still simple. I've made some slight alterations to make them even simpler and cost-effective!
- Prepare a serving of steel-cut oats in the microwave, using water instead of milk.
- Put oatmeal in thermos. Top with dates, coconut, nutmeg, and plain Greek yogurt.
- Whisk two eggs to liking with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Scramble.
- Fold into whole wheat tortilla with sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, and baby spinach.
- Wrap in foil.
Antipasto Snack Bag
- Pack cherry tomatoes, mozzarella cubes, roasted peppers, and fresh basil leaves in a carry-friendly container.
- If you have a smaller container for dips, pack some olive oil with garlic powder sprinkled on top.
- While out, grab a fresh, whole grain roll from the store or bakery.
- Have a mini Italian picnic at your office desk!
Do you have any favorite fast treats that don't sacrifice your health? What are your favorite healthy snacks?