Thursday, 16 February 2012
We all know how unhealthy some foods are - some of our favorite foods also rank as the worst on the planet. But what keeps us coming back for more, despite the awful nutritional information?
HuffPost ranked 5 foods you should never eat again... and I want to know which one you can't live without.
1. Fried food. This is an obvious one; the calories, the saturated fats, the toxic oils, the fried. Fried foods seem unavoidable, yet HuffPost suggests eating broiled foods instead. Broiled foods offer a similar great taste, but with much more nutritional value.
2. White bread. In the battle of Wheat vs. White, HuffPost says Wheat wins. White bread contain sugars that can quickly turn to fat, and this is bad for your waistline and health. Avoid at all costs!
3. Creamy salad dressings. Yup, you read that right. Avoid dressings like ranch, bleu cheese, french... All of your favorites, probably. Instead, try using oil and vinegar or balsamic dressings.
4. White rice. White rice can line up right next to white bread - it's loaded with... nothing. There's virtually no nutritional value in white rice and for many people, white rice ends up being a butter/soy sauce holder. Instead of white rice, HuffPost suggests trying brown rice - an option that is not only healthier, but also offered as a substitute at many restaurants these days.
5. White sugar. HuffPost is anti-white foods. White sugar, like its other fellow "Whites," contains virtually no nutritional value and thus, will severely damaged your waistline (and can be tricky for those trying to manage sugar levels - duh!). Instead of white sugar, HuffPost suggests trying fruit when you're in need of a energy boost. Fruit contains tons of natural, not-bad-for-you sugars, as well as tons of vitamins and nutrients!
So tell me, fellow Healthkickers... Of all of the foods to avoid, which one can't you live without?