Tuesday, 28 February 2012
This is a guest post from Okpubigho Mercy!
Need a few reminders on ways to lose weight? Just change your eating habits with these tips, and you can kiss the weight goodbye!
1. Don't skip breakfast. Do not take something that is too light as breakfast.
2. Eat your main food at lunch.
3. Chew food slowly as this help you eat less.
4. Stop eating as soon as you are no longer hungry. To help you do this, put little food on your plate at a time.
5. If you get the urge to eat, put on a tight belt to remind you that you want to lose weight.
6. When hungry, try wait ten minutes more, tell yourself you can eat but you will wait 10 minutes more.
7. Eat 2 or 3 hrs before bed. (Note: A craving for salt, chocolate, sugar may be deficiency in minerals or food allergy, hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism.)
8. While watching TV and you feel like eating something – take a glass of water.
9. Do not take alcohol in any form – it stops burning of fat and encourages storage of fat and helps you eat without control.
10. Use barley malt sweetener instead of sugar. It can be use by diabetes patients.
11. Monitor your food and see what trigger your eating more and eliminate such foods.
12. Don't eat when you are depressed. Depression will make you eat more than you need.
13. If possible, eat raw food, boiled, steamed or baked foods... not fried or greasy foods.
14. Drink 6-8 glass of mineralized water or herbal teas especially before meals. You can sweeten your tea with fruit juice (not canned juice).
15. Don't eat cake, candy, pies etc.
16. Add fiber foods and take them one and half hours before your next meals.
17. If you notice that you're eating or over eating is trigger by where you are; move away.
18. Take the following in moderation: corn, cherries, fig, green peas, sweet potatoes, yams, white rice, pears, pineapple, grape, banana.
19. Take herbal tea that are diuretic.
20. Avoid animal fat e.g. butter, cream, ice cream, mayonnaise, meat, rich dressing, whole milk etc.
21. Take the following as your snack: carrot stick, celery, walnut, unsalted popcorn, watermelon, low fat yogurt with fresh fruit.
When you change your eating habits your weight will come down normally without any side effect.
It may take some practice before you are use to the new way of eating but it will be worth it because you will become more healthy and look good physically.
Losing weight is easy if you will just change the way you eat. Go for it. Overweight die quicker and are liable to contact disease like arthritis, heart disease, diabetes and many more.
Check your weight and plan to change your way of eating to a more healthier one today! If you need some help in loosing weight fast you might add some products that will do this for you.
What is the best way to lose weight? What support system do you think would be required lose the weight and keep it off forever? Share your comments in the section below!