Wednesday, 29 February 2012
This a guest post from Jessica!
Having perfect skin is one the most popular and talked about topics in the beauty world. But what do we mean by perfect skin? Well, the concept is closely aligned to Anti-aging skin care and focuses on the importance of having and maintaining younger looking skin with a healthy and radiant glow.
The reality is that as we get older the aging process has a negative effect on our skin due to the weakening of our bodies natural defenses. This can result in loss of shine, dark circles under the eyes and the appearance of wrinkles.
Anti-aging skin care is all about keeping skin looking younger for longer and retaining the elasticity of the skin so that the appearance is youthful and vibrant. It is also about taking adequate care of your skin to protect it against harmful influences.
Having perfect skin is something which many strive for in their teens. There is good reason for this as the longer we go without taking care of our skin, the more potential there is for skin damage to occur. That is to say, the earlier that an anti-aging skin care regime is implemented, we can say that the skin will look younger and healthier for longer.
However, that is not to say that that it’s ever too late to start looking after your skin and by following the steps in this article it is possible to see a significant improvement in the appearance and health of the skin in only a short time.
So what are the key ways in which you can look to improve your skin tone and appearance?
1) Drink plenty of water. Water is absolutely vital to our skin as it is to the general health of out bodies. The properties of water are such that is is a natural cleanser of toxins in our body, the build up of which can have detrimental effects on the appearance of our skin.
2) Eat as healthily as you can. By keeping a well balanced diet the bodies metabolism is maintained and prevents against unnecessary stresses which can wreak havoc on our skin. Eating healthily also keeps our immune system functioning at its optimum which is a vital component in any skin care routine. Try to eat as many fruits and raw vegetables a you can and avoid fast foods, ready meals and fatty foods which lack nutritional value and can lead to obesity and disease in the body.
3) As much as possible, try to avoid stress. It is well documented that stress can result in speeding up the aging process in our body. Many people find that by simply taking the proper measures to finding a more calm and relaxed state that they not only feel better in themselves but start to look better too. To avoid stress, get plenty of rest, take regular exercise and seek relaxing spas or environments that allow you the escape the harsh daily routines of life.
4) Take regular exercise. This will not only make you feel better and look better as you develop a stronger muscle tone but exercise is a great way to remove toxins from the body as when we exercise we sweat. Saunas and swimming can have similar effects so perhaps the top tip here would be to join a local gym and experience the full benefits it has to offer. It is also thought that regular exercise, 3-4 times per week helps to stimulate the production of collagen which is a crucial to anti-aging skin care.
5) Protect the skin against sun damage. Even when the sun is not strong in the sky the unseen effects of UV radiation can build over time. Excessive exposure to sunlight can accelerate the aging process as well as resulting in visible damage to the skin. To protect against this wear sunscreen with adequate UV protection or at the very least, a moisturizer which contains SPF properties. If you are going to be in the sun for any length of time, avoid long periods of direct sunlight and remember to apply sunscreen frequently.
The above tips are a good starting point for anyone who wishes to look after their skin on an ongoing basis. It’s easy to see how the above regime is not only productive to having perfect skin but also of benefit to our well being as a whole.
What kind of skin care remedy do you follow? Do you have specific products that you use daily? Or do you follow more natural tips like the ones listed above?