Friday, 04 May 2012
TGIFF, my fellow Healthkickers!
In honor of Cinco de Mayo, this week's TGIFF post will be about something I love dearly: MARGARITAS!
While this recipe's calorie count sits at a not-so-bad 180 per glass, once you start drinking them, the calories add up! As always, drink responsibly -- and if you need some hangover tips, check out other posts here!
Frozen Mango Margaritas!
(From the Food Network!)
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen diced mango
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup tequila (preferably silver, 80 proof)
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2 cups ice water
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. -- Easy, right?!
Will you be celebrating Cinco de Mayo? What's your favorite (unhealthy) Mexican food?
Per serving: Calories 180; Total Fat 0 g; (Sat Fat 0 g, Mono Fat 0 g, Poly Fat 0 g);
Carb 21 g; Fiber 1.5g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 0.5mg