Tuesday, 20 November 2012
Do you think that you have to leave snacking behind to lose weight or stay in shape?
Au contraire! Choosing the right snacks can make staying lean a breeze!
One of the secrets to lean eating is never allowing yourself to get over-hungry. If I unleash my appetite on the streets of NYC, I'm bound to succumb to a fat-laden temptation.
What's the solution?
As a busy New York renaissance woman with fitness model standards, I can't afford to face temptation unprepared. I don't leave home without my snack pack.
Pick 5 of the following 10 items, place in a giant Ziploc, and toss in your purse, gym bag, or briefcase. Voila! You are ready to take on your day without being lured into temptation.
Here are my top 10 "grabbables" in descending order of lean-friendliness:
- 12 raw almonds, cashews, or hazelnuts - protein, healthy fat
- Ostrim - protein and salty yumminess
- Raw cucumber, celery, and zucchini sticks - yes, they are perishable so eat them up early in the day
- Lean Body On The Go Hi-Protein Nutrition Shake - chocolate flavor is best
- Hard-boiled eggs - nature's portable protein snack
- Goji berry/pumpkin seed mix - antioxidants and healthy fats
- Brown rice cakes with a thin layer of tahini or goat cheese - fiber and healthy fat
- Single serving natural peanut butter or almond butter packets - may be eaten a la carte or with celery
- Ezekiel sprouted tortilla - whole grain, fiber rich
- Apple - I love grannies or gala
Never leave home without your snack pack and watch your waistline whittle...!
What are your go-to healthy snacks? Do you avoid snacking all together? How do you fight off snack cravings?