Healthkicker Note: This recipe looked too delish to pass up! Ingredients:
While it's got a bit of sugar and flour, we hope the strawberries
and nonfat yogurt compensate with extra nutritional value!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line or grease 12 muffin cups. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, yogurt, oil and vanilla until blended.
- Add to flour mixture and gently mix until combined (be careful not to over mix). Gently fold in strawberries.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let muffins cool in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer muffins to wire rack and let cool completely.
Makes: 12 muffins
Does this recipe look at delicious to you as it does to us?!