Saturday, 17 March 2012
Happy St. Patrick's Day, Healthkickers!
Are you looking to splurge on this infamous drinking day? If so, chances are you're going to pack on a few hundred calories by drinking your favorite Irish beers.
But there's nothing wrong with splurging every now and then!
Here is the nutritional information for some of your favorite Irish beers:
- Guinness: Alcohol content: 4.0%; Calories: 125; Carbs: 10
- Harp: Alcohol content: 4.55%; Calories: 142
- Murphy's Irish Stout: Alcohol content: 4%; Calories: 150
- O'Hara's Irish Stout: Alcohol content: 4.3%; Calories: 140; Carbs: 0
- Killarney's Red Stout: Alcohol content: 5.0%; Calories: 197; Carbs: 22.8
- Killian's: Alcohol content: 4.9%; Calories: 163; Carbs: 13.8
So if you're anything like me, you'll enjoy a good Irish brew on St. Paddy's Day... but now you know the caloric expense!
Is drinking beer and splurging on the calories on your To-Do list for St. Patrick's Day?